Chiropractic Australia Research Foundation (CARF) is calling for scientific abstracts to be submitted for presentation at our National Researchers’ Day to be held on Friday 5 August 2022, which is a part of the Chiropractic Australia National Conference – Chiropractic Connected – to be held Saturday 6 and Sunday 7 August 2022 at the Sydney Masonic Centre Sydney (SMC Function and Conference Centre).
Up to ten (10) submitted abstracts will be selected for podium presentation. Each podium presenter will have approximately 8-10 minutes to present their work, including question time. Abstracts selected for either podium or poster, will be presented during the afternoon on Friday 5 August, 2022.
Sponsored by Aon, prizes will be awarded in both podium and poster categories as follows:
$2,500 for 1st Place Podium Presentation
$1,000 for 2nd Place Podium Presentation
$500 for 3rd Place Podium Presentation
$1,000 for Best Poster Presentation
$500 for Best Student Poster Presentation
(non-higher degree research student)
$500 for People’s Choice Poster
– A prize may not be awarded if the judges decide that entries within that category are not of a sufficient standard. Undergraduate & post-graduate entries can also be entered in the Best Poster category.
– To be eligible for acceptance there must be one chiropractic or osteopathic practitioner or student on the authorship list, and one of the authors must be registered to attend the Researchers’ Day and/or the National Conference.
– Proposed research methodologies and case reports will be considered. In these instances alternate formats for abstracts apply (use the instructions for submissions for these study types in the journal Chiropractic & Manual Therapies).
– Abstracts that are not selected for podium presentation may be invited to submit a poster to present the research.
– All abstracts will undergo peer review prior to selection.
– The specific details on presentation timing will be included in the outcome notification email, which will be sent on the 8th July 2022.
Abstracts, not exceeding 300 words, should be typed, in 12 point font, referenced as appropriate, be in electronic format and should generally (but not exclusively) follow these headings:
Title and authors:
At the top of the abstract, state the title, names of the author(s), author(s) affiliations and the email address of the corresponding author.
Abstracts and accepted podium presentations) must include some words on potential clinical implications of the research in the future.
DEADLINE EXTENDED: Submissions close 5:00pm on Friday 24 June, 2022.
You can submit abstracts to email@example.com
Please indicate if you are submitting for a podium presentation or for a poster in your email and note that all submissions will be confirmed with the corresponding author on receipt.